Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dear Diarrhea...

Whelp, I'm back...I guess.  I know I haven't posted anything in about six months, let alone anything all that substantial in longer than that.  But after an ill-fated experiment on YouTube, I figured I'd resurrect Sarcasmatron, though whether or not it'll be full-time remains to be seen.

Basically, I tried to do video reviews or "haul" videos of whatever movies or games I got that particular month.  I keep seeing all these girls going "Tee hee, look at all these clothes and makeup I got!" and thought to myself "I'm sure someone would want to know my point of view on movies and such".  So I tried it out for a few months and found out it's really not for me, at least not in this point in time.  Mostly, I wait to record the videos when my roommates are out of the apartment so I can go all out and not get embarrassed.  But since I record them in my room, it gets hot and stuffy in there really quick.  Then I'll edit them since my YouTube account still doesn't allow for videos longer than 10 minutes for whatever reason but usually I'm lazy so I don't get around to editing for at least a week after filming.  So really, it's at least a couple of weeks to do one video.  If I had more time or, mostly, more motivation I'd be able to crank these videos out faster but I don't.  So I plan on bringing those "hauls" back in written form here on Sarcasmatron, amongst other things.



I've also decided that I'd treat Sarcasmatron a bit as my own personal blog.  I wanted to stray away from that sort of thing, believing that people really didn't care about how I felt.  But since people don't really care about what I have to say about anything, I guess it doesn't really matter.  Seriously though, I wanted to keep Sarcasmatron as a "professional" review site but since I still have the Freakin' Awesome Network for that, Sarcasmatron has since fallen by the wayside.  So really, Sarcasmatron will be more of an "exclusive content" site full of stuff that I feel won't exactly quite fit in with FAN.

Speaking of FAN, that too has fallen by the wayside a bit.  Since I'm focusing on stand-up comedy, my articles for FAN haven't been as frequent.  I got burnt out trying to maintain the Wrestling With Extra Sleaze articles so I decided to change gears and write about another one of my passions, heavy metal music, in a monthly article called This Month In Metal.  But I had trouble keeping up with that too, mostly due to the fact that I was simply cut-and-pasting album release dates and commenting on them.  Hence, if nothing came out that I didn't have a comment for, then I didn't have a decent article.  So I decided to start 4R, which stands for Ryan's Random Rants and Reviews.  Basically, I get to write about what I want when I want.  So far I've reviewed Saints Row The Third, tried to get my YouTube "haul" videos past as an article and also wrote a scathing half-serious editorial about the controversy surrounding the Mass Effect 3 ending.

As for stand-up comedy, that's going fairly well.  I took a bit of a break recently to film a small part in a movie that happened to be filming mostly during my regular stand-up shows.  But now with summer coming and club business being slow for the season, our usual showcase shows will be on hiatus.  So I'll definitely be looking for some stage time soon and will post the videos of sets that don't suck up on YouTube.

So yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at now.  In short, keep an eye out on this space.  There probably won't be regular content here like I had originally intended a long, long time ago, but I'll try to post some things worth reading.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment