Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Err'y Day I'm Pig Destroyin'

I think I have a problem.  I've been pumping myself for Pig Destoyer's new album "Book Burner" which comes out on 10/23 so I've pretty much been listening to nothing but "Prowler In The Yard" and "Terrifyer" for the past few weeks.  And I'll probably pull out "Phantom Limb" for the remaining weeks.

October's going to be a crazy month for music.  Between that and Halloween, I'm getting pumped up.  However, I'm so low on money right now that I haven't even bothered going costume shopping like I normally do this time of year.  I don't even know if I'm doing anything this year, I hope so because I didn't do anything last year.  If I do, I'll probably just be Dr. Orpheus like I had planned last year but didn't.  I also wanted to see if I could be Beast from the X-Men after seeing a couple of my comic buddies dress up as Wolverine and Professor X last year.  Honestly, all I'd really need would be a lab coat and blue body paint and hair dye.  I already have glasses, a large vocabulary, a stocky build and plenty of body hair.

Anyways, back to music.  Here's a selected release date calendar of stuff I'm interested in and you should be too:

October 9
Between The Buried And Me - The Parallax Part 2: Future Sequence
Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
The Birthday Massacre - Hide and Seek (Birthday Massacre makes the best music for the fall/Halloween season)

October 16
Dethklok - Dethalbum III (Honestly, I stopped caring about Dethklok but figured I'd put them here just because)
Stolen Babies - Naught

October 23
Pig Destroyer - Book Burner (duh)
The Sword - Apocryphon

And I'll probably be able to buy none of them.  :-(

I have been able to get ahold of some new games to play, mostly thanks to the Humble Indie Bundle once again.  The initial bundle consists of Rochard, Vessel, SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies), Torchlight and Shatter, with Dustforce unlocked if you beat the average price.  So far, I've only played Shatter but am having super fun with it.  Basically, it's Breakout but with added physics elements and occasional space-shooter mechanics.  It's been enough for me to drop Terraria for a few weeks, at least.  And just yesterday, they unlocked four more games for beating the average: BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown and Wizorb.  I was kinda disappointed considering I had just gotten BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Jamestown in the Steam Summer Sale but moreso bummed because they all come on one Steam unlock code so I couldn't just give away either game to people I knew who didn't have them because both games are quite good.  So I was able to get 10 games and the soundtracks for most of them (Shatter's is great and so is BIT.TRIP but again, I got the soundtrack in the Steam Summer Sale as well) for $5.50, which is awesome.  If you want those games for yourself, the average price to beat is just over $6 and there's less than a week left cash in.  Plus, it's for charity, so do it.

Also, the Rock Band store had a massive sale on DLC songs so I ended up buying some Wii points (though I probably shouldn't have considering my current financial strains) and got a few more songs for my library.

HIM - Heartkiller
HIM - Ode To Solitude
HIM - Wings of a Butterfly
Dead Kennedys - Police Truck
Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles
Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
Metallica - ...And Justice For All
Metallica - Blackened
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Behemoth - Conquer All
Dio - Holy Diver
At The Gates - Blinded By Fear

And since I had some Wii points left over, I got Donkey Kong Country 2 for the Virtual Console.  Playing the first few levels brought back waves of nostalgia but I don't know if the port got messed up or something but I remember the game looking a lot better.  Maybe it's just playing an old SNES game on an HDTV isn't the same but whatever, I still like it.

So that's about it.  Nothing of major importance, I'm just bored and felt like talking about random music and video games and such.

I haven't gotten back up on the comedy stage in a while but it's going to begin again soon.  Like I said in the last blog post, Wise-Ass Wednesdays starts back up at Connxtions Toledo on 10/3.  Though I'll be there, I'm not set to perform on that show but I am signed up for the next week on 10/10.  Then 10/19 is the Best In The Midwest competition in Bowling Green, which I may or may not perform since I'm the last alternate on the list.  That's what October looks like for me in comedy, barring any Open Mics I decide to do or the Wise-Ass shows I'll just sit in on.

As for November, that might end up being a huge month for me, though not necessarily in a performing capacity.  Oddly enough, Tom Green is doing shows at Connxtions in Toledo on 11/9 and 11/10.  However, I've been alerted that I'm in a contest on the 10th in Michigan so I'll only have one chance to see him.  Then on 11/14, Mick Foley is doing a one night special engagement at the Funny Bone in Perrysburg.  So in the span of less than one week, I'll get to see Tom Green and Mick Foley do stand-up.  I swear, it's like my sophomore year of high school all over again.  I get to meet two of the people who got me through my teenage years and helped influence who I would become as a comedian and person in general.   It's definitely keeping me excited and will probably be the last major thing I'll get to do before the holiday rush and then starting school again in January for a few months.

Dickman out.

Blog Playlist courtesy of Pandora.com
Pig Destroyer - The Diplomat (via Pitchfork.com)
Pig Destroyer - Scarlet Hourglass
Anaal Nathrakh - Swallow The World
Burst - Sculpt The Lives
Nasum - Corrosion
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Burlap Sack
Cephalic Carnage - Vaporized
The Ocean - Dead Serious and Highly Professional
Balzac - Deep Blue
Dropkick Murphys - Noble
Stellar Corpses - Cemetary Man
Oxymoron - Faces From Below
The Misfits - 1,000,000 Years B.C.
Sex Pistols - Holidays in the Sun
Black Flag - Nervous Breakdown
Minor Threat - I Don't Wanna Hear It
The Knife - Heartbeats
Glass Candy - Rolling Down The Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment