Monday, March 14, 2011

Sarcasmatron @ The Movies: The Lost Episode - Iron Monkey 2

For those of you who visit Sarcasmatron regularly (all 5 of you), you may have noticed I haven't put up a shitty movie podcast with my friends and I for the past few months.  Actually, we did record one in January but nothing ever really came of it for a multitude of reasons.  First of all, I wasn't even involved in the recording, with the exception of supplying the movie.  Yup, I'm not even on record for this one.  You see, I was on some medication at the time that made me very sleepy for some reason (as if I needed to sleep MORE).  So I took the medication, went over to Gabe's to record it, ate some BBQ and could not stay awake.  So, knowing my friends, I left the recording in their capable hands.  And Chase, who supplied the recording equipment, didn't get the mp3 file to me until late February/early March.  But considering the frequency I check my email, I didn't get it until a week or so ago.  Seriously, I'm listening to it as I'm typing up this intro and this is honestly the first time I've listened to it.  So with the exception of Chase, and everyone else recording though I doubt they remember all they said, you're all listening to this about the same time I am.  But so far, it's pretty fun.  Anyway, I kinda figured that after so long, the recording would be lost into the ether or buried into a time capsule for future generations to unearth.  But considering how many people read this site now (all 5 of you), I doubt there'll be much more in the future so I might as well just release this now.


Anyway, the movie in question is Iron Monkey 2, directed by Yuen Wo-Ping and starring Donnie Yen.  You'd think with such pedigree that this movie would be awesome, much like the original Iron Monkey.  But no, Iron Monkey 2 is a shakily shot mess that looks like it was recorded on VHS tape and incorporating tons of wire-fu with no attempts to hide the glaringly obvious wires (which surprisingly goes unmentioned in this podcast, in addition to the final credit of the movie being accredited to "Ho Shit").

As for what's next, I have a movie planned, but haven't picked out a time to record a podcast for it yet.  For the first time so far, this is a movie that I haven't even seen yet so I'll probably be just as shocked as the rest of the guys...unless they've seen it, which they might have.  But I know that it comes highly recommended by people whose opinions on bad movies I respect and has been heralded as one of the most unintentionally-hilarious movies in recent memory.  So, enjoy my friends rant about Iron Monkey 2 (amongst other things, like Radiohead and Tang) and be on the lookout for the next podcast coming in the near future...someday...hopefully...if not a podcast for something else.

Go to the blip.tv page HERE

OR

Download the mp3 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment