Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why do guys like to make fun of each other (and other people) so much?

Because we have low self-esteem and it makes us feel better. Hell, I'll admit it.

But like I tell my friends "I make fun of you because I like you." It's like a form of endearment via ridicule. If I didn't like you, chances are I'd probably just not talk to you. If I feel comfortable enough around you to say dumb stuff and believe you won't punch me in the face, that shows trust.

Or something. I'm not really sure what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah, and I make fun of people I don't know because they're stupid. So there.

Ask me anything. No, seriously, anything.

1 comment:

  1. This is something that I've attempted to understand, but still completely baffles me to this day. I hang around groups of guys all the time, and I can honestly say one of the most annoying things is how much they make fun of each other, and especially the fact that many guys refuse to ever take anything seriously. I have learned how to take a joke and be made fun of.....but geez, does everything that comes out of my mouth have to be made fun of ALL THE TIME? I guess that makes me 'one of the guys', eh? Joy. :-P

    ReplyDelete