Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Most Depressing Review of Jackass 3D Ever

So I just got back from watching Jackass 3D...why am I so bummed? 


Since none of my friends wanted to see this movie, I had to go it alone.  I don't know why my friends are so against Jackass.  Maybe I'm a horrible person but I enjoy watching people getting hurt for the amusement of others.  Either way, something about seeing a movie alone seems just wrong to me.  The only times I've done it was to see Spider-Man (because a friend bailed out on me at the last second) and Freddy Got Fingered (because, again, no one I knew wanted to see it).  But since I missed out on the experience of seeing Jackass Number Two, I had to see Jackass 3D, alone or not.  I went today because there was supposedly a discount on Tuesdays.  But apparently, $11.75 is considered "cheap" for a 3D movie.  Whatever.

Overall, I quite enjoyed myself.  It was definitely Jackass...and it was definitely in 3D.  Although I was looking forward to how the crew would use (or rather, misuse) the 3D technology given to them, I have to say that this movie really didn't need to be in 3D.  That's not to say the movie didn't look good.  Due to DLP technology and frequent slo-mo shots, the movie looked way better than it had any right to be.  And a lot of the stunts/gags were very much in the spirit of the television show and the previous movies.  I laughed, I cringed, I jumped out of my seat.  I had every reaction that Jackass 3D intended me to have...save for maybe dry heaving.

But as I walked out of the theater, surrounded by groups of people, I was reminded that I was alone once again.  And so I wandered the mall a bit...alone.  I browsed through Borders for a bit looking for something to read but found nothing.  I went to Hot Topic and bought the new Dimmu Borgir in an attempt to get my spirits up.  But once I realized that between the movie and the CD, I could very well go broke this week if I'm not careful.  And as I was doing all of these things alone, I came to realize that I had pretty much forgotten most of the movie that I had just seen.  Most of that was due to having no one to talk to about it afterward.  Despite the Jackass crew's tendency to prank each other and get under the skins of one another, there really is a huge sense of camaraderie, something I was definitely lacking at the moment. 

So here I am, sitting alone in front of the computer as always, listening to the new Dimmu Borgir album and trying to get excited.  Meanwhile the only thing of note I'm doing (besides writing this) is sorting out my medication for the next week.

Sorry I'm still so down.  But thanks for trying, guys.

1 comment:

  1. Happiness is more than a gift we receive when someone goes out of their way to accommodate or celebrate us. It is also what we create out of what is around us. If you look for an opportunity to practice making the most of situations, it can become as natural as breathing.

    ReplyDelete