Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thunderbirds Are GO!!

Well hello there, Mr. and/or Mrs. Internet American. Didn't see you sitting there, in front of your keyboard and all. Anyways, if you're reading this, what are you doing? Go do something more productive with your life! Don't end up a bitter recluse like me!

OK now, if you're STILL reading this, then welcome to the Official Unofficial Blog of yours truly, Ryan. If you know me, then consider yourself scarred for life. If you don't, then here's the gist: My buddy Chase started up a blog for our gaming group, The Veterans of a Thousand Midnights (V1kM for short). He went all out with feeds, Twitter linkability and a bunch of other stuff that's kinda over my head, despite being pretty adept with technology myself. But since I've kinda stepped back from the gaming aspect and settled back into my routine of self-abuse and misanthropy, I figured "Why not have my own blog?" Hell, being self-abusive and misanthropic are two of the prerequisites of being a quote unquote "blogger"! So while I still plan on being involved on the V1kM blog, this will be my playground for everything else that goes through my scatterbrain.

And what do you expect, you might ask? Well...I'm not 100% sure yet. Despite having a few blogs on LiveJournal back in the day as well as MySpace, I got pretty bored with them within a few weeks once I realized how boring my life really was. But I figure there's enough things or, more importantly, people on the Internet to ridicule to warrant some content. Other than that, expect plenty of reviews, rants, raves and plenty of other things that start with the letter "R". You know, like my name. After working out the initial kinks, expect a couple of Year End Asstravaganzas. I have a decent Year End list for Movies and a ridiculous list for Music planned. But after that, who knows? I got a whole 'nother year to waste. Only as opposed to this year, you'll get real-time updates as to how I'm wasting it! Lucky you!

So, if you're reading this (STILL? REALLY? You have the constitution of a goddamn champion!), then you obviously know how to get here. Whenever I update my blog, it should update my Twitter, which in turn updates my Facebook and MySpace updates (though MySpace is all but dead to me), so really everyone I know and plenty of people I don't have no excuse NOT to be reading this. You know, unless you don't care. Coming from someone as apathetic as myself, I kinda have to take that as a legitimate excuse.

NASH OUT!

5 comments:

  1. I wonder how long it will take until this is more popular than V1kM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why isn't this named properly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol "properly". If you're looking for anything done properly, then you are soooooooo in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shouldn't it be something like "Ignorance, Apathy and Indecision?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one voted for it. :-P

    Plus that's gonna be the overarching theme of the blog anyway, so no need to beat readers over the head with it. That's like going to Taco Bell and having the word "Diarrhea" describing every single menu item.

    Plus, apathetic and indecisive, obviously. But I'm not ignorant!

    ReplyDelete